Rookie Contract: Signature Sneakers in the NBA, Fall Preview
With the NBA Season fast approaching, I thought I would show the notable signature models that are being worn on the feet of people from Lebron to Steph Curry. If this article is well-received, I’ll provide monthly sneaker recaps of which player is wearing what. Enjoy the article;
- Nike LeBron 12: With a change of scenery, change was needed for the sneaker that holds the name of Cavaliers forward, LeBron James. This fall, Nike has added “Five visible, hexagonally-shaped Nike Zoom Air bags in the outsole of the LEBRON 12 enhance natural motion while providing accelerated explosiveness with each step.” Due to the size and strength of James, Nike has given him a shoe that will help him perform at the highest level, looking good in the process. The price of James’ signature model isn’t pretty, retailing for $200 dollars. If you’re serious about performance on-court, and style off the court, the Nike Lebron 12 are a great option for any baller.
- Nike KD 7: Due to his development on and off the court, Kevin Durant and Nike Designer Leo Chang have evolved his sneaker as needed. Chang has given Durant a very diverse. Nike gave a mesh toe box to reduce weight and also ventilate the sneaker. In the heel, lockdown is given by a Foamposite Heel Cup which gives comfort and support alike. Retailing at $150, it is the most expensive KD regular-season model yet, but the technology that is installed provides good value for an every-day baller.
- Nike Kobe 9 Elite: Missing the previous season due to injury, it looks like Kobe Bryant will be wearing the shoe that he debuted in his limited action last season. Featuring great traction, a flyknit upper, and lunarlon cushioning, the Kobe 9 is the ideal basketball shoe for any athlete regardless of size or skill. Last year, Lakers Julius Randle and Nick Young rocked the shoe. Due to the length of time since the release, you can pick up the Kobe 9’s on sale at most retailers.
- Air Jordan XX9: After Russell Westbrook put up crazy stats in the Jordan XX8, Jordan Brand and Westbrook have paired up to give basketball players a unique feeling on and off the court with the Air Jordan XX9. After creating unlocked zoom and a custom flight plate last year, Jordan has tweaked the flaws and added a woven upper that is flexible, breathable, and durable. This technology isn’t cheap, and the Jordan Brand released the XX9 at $225. Hopefully it is also a strong shoe, because Russell Westbrook will have to carry the Oklahoma City Thunder due to the absence of Kevin Durant.
- Air Jordan Superfly 3: With the development of Blake Griffin on both sides of the basketball, Jordan Brand has given him a shoe that will help him on defense, shooting from long-range, and throwing down his notable, thunderous slams. Jordan has given him a similar setup to that of the XX9, with the unlocked zoom and flight plate technology. It does not give all of the benefits though, which has lowered the price to a more reasonable $140.
- The J Wall 1: After switching from Reebok to Adidas, John Wall finally received the signature sneaker that he deserved. This sneaker features a fitFrame upper, which gives him a 1 to 1 fit. Also it features Boost foam, a new material which absorbs energy when moving, which keeps your knees happy. While the price tag has not yet been released, the J Wall 1’s will be a good performance model for a Wizard or Kentucky hoops fan.
- Under Armour ClutchFit Drive: After a great performance at the FIBA World Championships, Steph Curry is one of the hottest names in basketball. The ClutchFit Drive gives a “second-skin” feel, while also providing support for cuts and moving with or without the basketball. The shoe also features MicroG, a foam which help absorb nearly any impact. Retailing at $124, the ClutchFit Drive is the most affordable shoe listed, and might be the best.
Obviously the shoes will look good on your feet, but working hard on the court and in the weight room will help you be the best player that you can be. What sneaker are you going to buy? Let me know in the comments or on twitter @mxkeandxrs
Michael Anders View All
Born in NYC x Raised in VA